Generate faster, more accurate simulations of audio arrays to improve user experience and reduce costs.
Simulation and modelling of audio arrays is computationally slow and the results lack fidelity. Deployed systems are typically therefore under-optimised and subject to performance degradation as the environment changes.
This new analysis technique provides accurate real-time simulations which will allow the development of cost-effective, high performance 3D audio arrays into a wide range of products and services.
- Improved Quality of Service – performance improvement delivers better user experience
- Dynamic – optimal performance is maintained in changing environments
- Reduced Size and Cost – fewer microphones in the array
- Power Reduction – less processing required by fewer microphones
Applications include any system with multiple receive (microphones) or transmit (speakers) elements that conform to the wave equation.
- Event Recording – concerts, sports
- Voice Recognition – e.g. Amazon Echo
- Immersive Audio – gaming / home cinema
- Automotive – beam forming for music / calls
- Medical – improvements to ultrasound
- Smartphone – improved microphone arrays, e.g. for teleconferencing