A unique system for anti-counterfeiting of metal components and structures that provides absolute assurance where it matters most.
Secure and quick verification of metal parts’ authenticity is an issue for many industries. Parts can change ownership many times in a typical supply chain, so there is a need for a robust and secure system that can prevent the introduction of fake or otherwise illegal parts into the supply chain. Counterfeit and fake parts that don’t meet the required specification can cause major issues such as loss of reputation, cost of failure (especially in safety-critical components) and risk to lives.
Current security solutions such as RF ID tags and Optical Variable Devices (such as hologram labels) need to be physically attached to each component. However, these can easily be removed or replaced and are also vulnerable to harsh environments. Surface printing, e.g. with fluorescent or magnetic ink, offers a more covert security approach, but can also be removed mechanically or chemically.
The High Security Feature (HSF) is a patented technology which provides the next generation of covert metal anti-counterfeiting. It is a proven solution that is already in mass production, with billions of items having been manufactured.
- Secure — HSF cannot be removed physically (i.e. by abrasion) or chemically without significant visible damage to the object.
- Flexible — HSF offers a flexible and individually tailored solution for absolute assurance where it matters most.
- Fast Authentication — the presence of HSF is determined by the use of special optical detectors that provide fast, automatic and unambiguous verification.
- Durable — HSF provides permanent verification throughout the lifetime of parts, including parts held in long-term storage and those moved through the supply chain.
- Wide Applicability — The high security feature can be applied to a wide range of metallic substrates including stainless steel, engineering alloys, aluminium and precious metals.
HSF is suitable for any application where counterfeit metal parts could cause a safety risk, risks to life, financial and/or reputational damage. It is an ideal solution for industries with legal compliance requirements for proving the authenticity of parts in the supply chain.
- Aerospace — any electroplated component or system, e.g. turbine blades, engine parts, landing gear, critical sub-components
- Nuclear — authentication of genuine parts and components in the nuclear industry to reduce the risk of outages and to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Space and Satellite
- Metals Manufacturing