A high-performance, low size, weight and power scanning beam collimator.
Collimators are a key component in high energy radiation (e.g. x-ray, particle beam) equipment however current designs for scanning (pencil) beams are subject to both performance and physical limitations. This new design overcomes these issues and produces higher resolution images while reducing mechanical complexity.
Its novel design generates uniform beam path lengths and spot shape and it is also mechanically much simpler. Portable equipment using this design will additionally benefit from its lighter weight and smaller size compared to current collimators used in portable x-ray equipment.
- Better image quality due to uniform spot size/shape
- Small, lightweight design improves portability
- X-ray shielding is smaller and lighter
- Wide field of view (~120º)
- Mechanically simpler and less power needed